Vice‘s Noisey did an exclusive interview with viral phenom Yung Lean, who, to me, is really a mashup of Lil B and the 16-year-old version of Ninja from Die Antwoord, if they were also Swedish (listen to my fave track below).
Despite being an import from half way around the world, Yung Lean has used his East Bay influence to his advantage, and nabbed a contract with E-40‘s son Issue’s Teaholics label. Is this even real? What is real?
Given the current climate of hip-hop, it’s plausible this could become a real thing (this is my nice way of criticizing the way the Internet has made it okay for Brooke Candy to exist.)
Either way, this kid is entertaining as F in this interview, and his beats are ten-hundred-times better than Brooke Candy.
1. On rap shows in Stockholm: “I’m not 18 so I can’t go to any shows.”
2. On girls: “We have plenty of hoes. That’s all you need to know.”
3. On girls in his district of Stockholm: “…they’re into apple cider. They’re pretty lame. We ain’t about those hoes.”
4. On New York City: “Arizona [Iced Tea] was very cheap, so was Koolaid.”
5. On whether he’s “into drugs”: “This is just very awkward.”